Individuals exploring the Shared Living Services program and potential caregivers will complete a lifestyle inventory, which details likes, dislikes, day to day routines, and behaviors, prior to matching.
The matching process will involve the individual and potential caregiver spending time together through meetings, weekend visits, and community-based experiences.
The objective is to create an open and thorough experience for all involved, leading to a successful, long-term match. At any time in the process, program participants may decide that the match is not a good fit. Though an individual’s caregiver may change over time, the individual will remain in their residential space with the aid of SLS coordinated supports.
- 24-hour crisis support
- Coordination of medical services by a registered nurse
- On-site medical consultation and training
- Planned and emergency in-home respite
- Evening and weekend recreation, provided by Direct Support Professionals
- Coordination of day habilitation, vocational, and employment services
- Medical service coordination
- Transportation assistance
- Coordination of community linked services
- Mediation and caretaker services
- Adaptive equipment loan services and repair
- Individual and group therapy
Am I Eligible?
Individuals who are eligible for Shared Living Services include:
You may also be interested in seeing our WRAPAROUND COMMUNITY SERVICES
- OPWDD eligible persons (living alone or with caregivers)
- OPWDD waiver eligible persons